Wednesday

IT'S OFFICIAL




Well...... it is official. I am a mother of a Senior and a Sophomore in high school. Today was their first day of school for this new year. I woke up in the middle of the night last night more than just a little upset. My babies are growing up so fast. Even as I type this I have tears in my eyes. Why is it so hard to see them grow up? I am sure I will be a basketcase when they go off to college. Thankfully, my son is hoping to go locally and stay at home. I don't think I could handle him leaving! They have both grown closer to each other over the summer. I can see that they are growing as friends as well as siblings. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with such wonderful children.
I love them a LOT!

art for office art

2 comments:

utenzi said...

My Mom went a litte nuts when my brother and I went to college, Kerri. I don't have kids but my brother has 3 with the middle one just graduating HS and the oldest in his second year of college. Their Mom isn't looking forward to the youngest leaving--but fortunately for her mental health it's still 4 years away.

Elaine said...

My oldest is 21 and living 9 hours away, my second just turned 18 and graduated last May. Fortunately he is going to a local college and living at home. My "baby" is almost 16 and just started his sophomore year. It seems like they were all in elementary school yesterday, and today they are almost grown! It's hard, but it is nice to see them becoming responsible, caring young adults.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive