Saturday

Fritillary In Flight

Crop 1

Crop 2

Crop 3

Don't ever give up. 
Don't ever give in. 
 Don't ever stop trying. 
 Don't ever sell out. 
 And if you find yourself succumbing to one of the above for a brief moment, pick yourself up, brush yourself off, whisper a prayer, and start where you left off.  But never, ever, ever give up.
 ~ Richelle E. Goodrich

I have spent hours and hours and hours trying to capture butterflies in flight.  This is the result of one of my outings.  I was shooting into the sunlight - so it is not a great pic.  I haven't seen many Fritillary butterflies so it was Very Special to me to capture this.
All three images are the SAME image - just cropped 3 different ways.  I wanted to show you how lovely he is up close - and progress out to show you the entire scene as I saw it.

Image Made 09-11-12 - Heritage Park - Blacksburg, Virginia 

Linking up with Camera Critters

26 comments:

Catherine said...

I like that sunlight coming through her wings ~ so beautiful!
xo Catherine

Country Girl said...

Nicely presented. And I do love that quote.

bailey-road.com said...

What lovely shots!

Happyone said...

You take the best action shots!!
I really liked how you showed us the tree different pictures. Great job!! : )

ladyfi said...

Wow wow wow! These shots are breath-taking!

Misty DawnS said...

You are so good at the in-flight photos! I've tried, and it is very difficult!

TexWisGirl said...

i love that you silhouetted his tongue.

Sharon M said...

Wonderful photos. The light through the wings is so pretty.

Rose L said...

The back-lighting works wonders! Great shot!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful captures, Kerri! Have a lovely weekend!

Janet said...

I like the sunlight behind the butterfly. Looks like a stained-glass window.

Nikki-ann said...

Outstanding! What a stunning photo, whatever crop is used.

I've posted a blutterfly this week too.

the wild magnolia said...

Thrilling.

barbara l. hale said...

These are wonderful!

Carletta said...

I for one like the light showing through his wings!
Lovely!

SandyCarlson said...

You have talent that awes me. Every post is better than the last, and every one is magnificent.

chubskulit said...

Gorgeous!

Visiting from Camera Critters. Crows is my entry this week. Hope you'd come and see.

Barb said...

The light silhouetting the butterfly and flower is very special - I love the shot(s)!

Gillian Olson said...

Absolutely amazing pictures. Well done.

Brian King said...

Beautiful! It appears to be floating. Very nice job!

laura.forestdreams:) said...

patience...and it paid off.
beautiful captures!!

happy sunday!

MyMaracas said...

Beautiful! Your persistence really paid off.

I have the same sort of quest going with hummingbirds, so I know what a victory it is to get such a great shot. Good job!

S. Etole said...

It's fun to see the different crops.

Cindy said...

I too have spent some time this summer..trying to capture butterflies in flight..with some success.. You were my inspiration!

Naptime Review said...

Wish you could teach me somethings with my camera! UGH!

Stopping by from Thee Networking Blog Hop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow.
I am hosting Mom's Monday Mingle now. Over 200 Mom blogs to meet and network. Love to have you!

www.thenaptimereview.com

Pia said...

Wonderful sharp details in this photo! I share your enthusiasm with this flight shots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive