Friday

Peppermint Tulips

Nothing reminds us of an awakening more than rain.
~ Dejan Stojanovic
 
During our Black Mountain visit of April 2013 - we traveled down the road to the North Carolina Arboretum.  What a Magnificent place!  It rained the entire time - so I didn't get out the BIG Camera - but took some shots with my iPhone.  If you ever get a chance to visit - I would highly recommend it.  Fantastic trails to walk along and awesome flowers and trees!   I think that was the most time I had ever spent out walking in the rain and it was AWESOME!   
Quite Refreshing to my mind and body.

I don't know what kind of tulips these are - but they reminded me of Peppermints :)
floral art

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i think your name fits! :)

Happyone said...

They do look like peppermint and if that isn't the name of them it should be. : )

Maybe we'll be neighbors one day. : )

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Oh, and how I love peppermint ice cream! Gorgeous tulip and so glad you enjoyed your trip!

Hilary said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. That's a perfect name for the tulips. I got a minty rush just looking at them. Wait.. that was probably my cough drop. ;)

DeniseinVA said...

This is a fabulous photo Kerri, especially with those raindrops. I'm taking note of the arboretum, just in case we get down that way. Sounds like a wonderful place to visit. Thank you and have a great weekend :)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Wow! This is an amazing picture,and you said you took it with an iPhone? WOW!

Brian King said...

Gorgeous! Love the rain drops!

eileeninmd said...

Kerri, beautiful tulips and a lovely photo. Happy weekend!

Mimi said...

Fab picture Kerri! I think I may have some of those growing, I know I planted similar (they remind me of raspberry ripple cones!) but the weather here has been so cold that everything is about amonth behind. Will post a pic when they come up!

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I wish we had summer rain here. It sounds like a nice way to spend some time and those tulips are just beautiful.

sparkle100-havealook.blogspot.com said...

Those tulips are just beautiful! I too like pepperment icecream.

Catherine said...

Aren't these pretty ~ I've never seen them before!
xo Catherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive