Sunday

Wildflower Dreams


To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life.
One of my favorite quotes that I've used often on this blog. It is quite thrilling to me to hear the birds sing, to see flowers in a field or a butterfly in flight. What wonderful entertainment and beauty there is in just going for a walk. This was taken on one of my many summertime walks.  The white flower is Queen Anne's Lace and the blue in the background is Chicory

20 comments:

Snappy Di said...

Oooh, I like the ethereal quality of this photo. So dreamy, like an early summer morning.

Di

texwisgirl said...

a spectacular image. truly.

JaneK said...

beautiful!

JaneK said...

(I went ahead and got a google acct so i could comment on your beautiful pics :) )

Catherine said...

You are so right Kerri ~ birds singing, beautiful flowers, nature at it's finest. So many wonderful things to see!

Happy Sunday!
xo Catherine

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Simple beauty,the best there is.

Jane said...

I had not come across this quote before and I love it - that is how I feel, when I get out and hike or walk. Nature at its best is so very awe inspiring.

S. Etole said...

a beautiful summer dream ...

Chip "Rocket Man" Allen said...

That image almost like a painting! Loads of chicory around these parts.

grammie g said...

Hi Kerri...simplicity is elegances!!
Very nice ..Grace

missing moments said...

The best of nature!

Becky and Gary said...

Love that Chicory Kerri. Now just starting to bloom here. The Queen Ann's lace is in full lovliness too. Not so simple is the design, which is remarkable.
have a wonderful week.
B.

Tim James said...

Beautiful shot. Its simple serenity is really quite stunning.

Mimi said...

You're rich, Kerri.
Rich as in, you've found the key to a satisfying day, entertainment, beauty, wonder.
And thanks for sharing this with us here.
The wonder of nature is quite something, isn't it?

Barb said...

Love the way the delicate Lace takes center stage in your photo, Sandy - great framing!

spindrift,me said...

That is an excellent sentiment, Kerri. I am saving it for my list of life quotes. The simple things are the best ones, I agree. And to think that the beauty you captured is considered by many to be 'weeds'. ;o)

Stacey Dawn said...

Such pretty blue bokeh!!

amatterofhowyouseeit.com said...

Love the bokeh!

Misty Dawn said...

This is gorgeous!

CabinGirl said...

Love the simple beauty of this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive