"The Summers County Courthouse in Hinton, West Virginia, is a red brick Romanesque Revival or late Victorian building, originally constructed in 1875–76. The building was remodeled between 1893 and 1898 by architect Frank Pierce Milburn, who added octagonal turrets at the corners. A 1923 addition followed suit with another square with two towers. A plan 1930s addition followed. A cast-iron stairway in the northwest tower ascends to the courtroom."