Thursday

Female Cardinal and Her Berry Beak


Autumn is the eternal corrective.
It is ripeness and color and a time of maturity;
but it is also breadth, and depth, and distance.
What man can stand with autumn on a hilltop and fail to see the span of his world and the meaning of the rolling hills that reach to the far horizon
- Hal Borland

About this image: I can't pass up a bird with a berry in her beak. This was a dark picture - I was VERY far away - and it wasn't sharp. I did a bit of editing in Lightroom 3 and this is what I got. Still not very sharp and has a "painterly" look to it. I am pleased with the way the autumn colors in the background show through and I love that you can see her skinny legs :) The branches came together nicely to give her a "framed" look.

15 comments:

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

I love the photo and that painted look. She sure is lovely.

I have come to one conclusion that if you like it that is what matters. Who is to say what is correct and what is not as far as the painted look. I just so happen to like that look.

Just think of all the artist with their abstract work, many negative comments and nose pointed up in the air to their creations. Think of all the oops and mistakes that changed art as we know it.

Beyond My Garden said...

cute with the seed in her mouth. the cardinals are flying around my feeders, but not yet taking their meals there
nellie

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

It's hard to capture those little guys/gals. They move so much and they have so much detail. I agree, I like the colors. Nice!

TexWisGirl said...

i'm glad you kept this image and posted it too! :)

Jill said...

This is fantastic! I love the muted background.

PoetessWug said...

I think it's a beautiful shot! :-)

Judy said...

What a wonderful capture, I just love seeing cardinals.

Carletta said...

The autumn background color picks up the red in her feathers nicely!
Lovely Kerri!

Tiggeriffic said...

Isn't she just a beauty with her skinny legs..and a berry in her mouth.. It's a Kodak moment..
Wonderful picture~!
Have a Tiggeriffic Day~ ta ta for now from Iowa:)

grammie g said...

Hi Kerri...I like it...it is a beauty ...I agree with Tammy!

Grace

JaneK said...

love the framing and the fall colors blended together in the background.... and what a great save for the squirrel! (the title reminds of Kathy Bates in "Rat Race".... did you see that movie?)

S. Etole said...

Wonderful soft colors in this.

Lauri said...

What a wonderful image. Lovely.

Mrs Catch said...

What an interesting, rarely-seen angle for a bird. Love the background and its shimmery colours. And the legs are great!

Bossy Betty said...

Really beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive