Sunday

Variegated Fritillary Butterfly

Some memories are presents that I'm unable to unwrap over and over.
~  Brian James 

When I posted this quote - I misread it - I was thinking that it said  "presents that I'm ABLE to unwrap over and over - which is the way I feel about my images.  Always a present to unwrap when looking into the archives.
 This was taken in October 2007 - and I "think" I've figured out that it is a Variegated Fritillary.  I don't remember seeing this butterfly again since that time.  
Slowly but surely I'm getting the images downloaded into an online archive ..... it's a LONG process but I'm feeling so much better knowing they are being stored in mutliple places now.

23 comments:

Country Girl said...

So what online archive are you using? I wish I still had my images from years ago.

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful!

i know what happened to country girl's back-up drive (which is all i use, too). what storage system are you using now?

Lavender Cottage said...

I would prefer the quote to say 'able' to unwrap as well; makes more sense to me.
The butterfly is stunning as it's bathed in sunlight.
Dare I be the third to ask what the on-line storage system is?

Kateri said...

Gorgeous! It does look like a Variegated Fritillary.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

This is another amazing picture. I too am wondering which online source you use.

Carletta said...

This is beautiful Kerri!
I want the quote to be what you thought it said. :)

Karen said...

What a gorgeous captures!

Happyone said...

A beautiful butterfly!!

shabby girl said...

Your photos are like presents, every day!

Stewart M said...

Whatever it is, its a nice butterfly.

Well captured.

Stewart M - Melbourne

Stewart M said...

Whatever it is, its a nice butterfly.

Well captured.

Stewart M - Melbourne

Michaela said...

how wodnerful it is!

makiejl.com said...

Marvelous macro!
~Linda

Tanya Breese said...

super macro!

Lea said...

Beautiful!
Great shot!
Have a wonderul day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Muffy's Marks said...

I agree with you. Change it and make it you own quote. Great photo to go with 'your' quote!!

ladyfi said...

What a beautiful shot!

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Gorgeous shot!

DeniseinVA said...

Its a present for us too Kerri, great quote and one I can also emphasize with.

✿ chica said...

Adorei! beijos,chica

Shell said...

Such a gorgeous shot!!

Brian King said...

That's a beautiful photo!

bailey-road.com said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive