Saturday

The Sounds of Spring


What signals the arrival of Spring?  
Is it a date on the calendar?  The temperature outside?  
The flowers that we see popping up?
It may be all of these - but it is also the Sounds We Hear.
And yesterday I heard the Sounds of Spring with the
arrival of the Red-winged Blackbirds 


And so I pointed my camera through the glass window 
and captured this one in the tree.  He was FAR away but
I got a decent shot with my 500mm lens.  
Hurray for long lenses! 
We are supposed to be in the 50s today and tomorrow - so I am hoping to get out and about, although we still have snow on the ground.

No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. 
~ Hal Borland

I am linking to an AWESOME video of a 
Red-winged Blackbird
You will hear what I mean - a very distinctive call
click  HERE 

9 comments:

laura.forestdreams:) said...

nice shots of the red-wing blackbird...esp through your window!

here's hoping you have a nice weekend & some warmer temps! :)

Margaret Adamson said...

I see he's waving at you! .Good shot. Have a lovely weekend

eileeninmd said...

Great post on the Redwing Blackbird, Kerri. I seem to seem them here lately and it is not spring yet.. Maybe they arrived early.. Happy weekend!

TexWisGirl said...

really hoping more leave our area - and soon! :)

DeniseinVA said...

Same here tomorrow, 50 with snow still on the ground. Love your photos of the redwing. I haven't seen them yet but looking forward to it. Have a great day Kerri :)

Happyone said...

I plan to have that saying on my post today too. : )
Supposed to be warming up here too, at least above freezing anyway.
Nice photo of the red winged blackbird.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those first few sounds of spring are so special. I sat and listened to a Horned Lark today and smiled all the time.

Kat said...

I am so excited for the arrival of spring. It is mid 40s here all week, and getting close to 50s! Woohoo!
Wonderful pics!

Daryl said...

hope you had a photo filled weekend i look forward to see what you post this week ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive