Wednesday

Fence Shadow


This morning I read that those who live in big cities spend 54 to 72 hours per year stuck in traffic. I think that it is actually a lot higher than that. I used to live in a Washington DC suburb and was one of those that would get stuck in traffic. All of that changed in 1996. I have been telecommuting for 11 years now. I do have to travel at various times throughout the year, but most of the time I work from home. And I live in a semi-rural area - so there is very little traffic - except on game days!


During my workday yesterday, I looked into my backyard and the fence was casting a nice shadow. I got my camera and tried to capture it. I realized that there was a "feeling" associated with this picture. There was a beautiful blue sky. It was a nice crisp morning. The "feeling" I had when I took this picture was Thankfulness. I am so thankful that God has provided me with a wonderful job in which I can earn an income, provide for my family, and still be a "stay at home" mom.


There have been many days when I have felt that I have created this life of mine, all on my own. This fence shadow shows me how much I'm NOT in control and I am so thankful that HE is.

4 comments:

photowannabe said...

Amen Kerri....When I realize its not all about me, things go much better.

Unknown said...

Kerri, I can relate to the feeling that goes with the shadow of your fence. I get the same shadow with my fence in the late afternoon and I love that its a part of my yard.

How wonderful for you to be able to work from hom. My kids are grown but it would be nice to be a stay-at-home Grammy. :)

lv2scpbk said...

Neat photo of the fence and the shadow. Nice capture. I like your dragonfly photos too.

Holly said...

It is amazing all the feelings one has while taking photos and those special ones attached to a particular photo. The photo is great and your words were touching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive