Sunday

Mink at the Pond


 "The funny thing about wishes. Sometimes all it took to make them come true was a first step." 
T.J. Klune

Jim and I set out last weekend to a special pond we visit. (see prior post pic of the pond).  Our goal was to find some spring wildlife, perhaps Red-winged blackbirds, tree swallows, a muskrat or two, and possibly the bullfrogs.  We were so excited to see this American Mink.  It was very far away, but I had my 500mm lens and he had his binoculars so we were able to get a good look.  We first thought it was a muskrat, but they are much "plumper" with a much different face.  These are not animals we see often. I think this may be my 3rd sighting of one, and Jim's second sighting.  We also saw our Red-winged blackbirds and tree swallows.  



1 comment:

happyone said...

The one I saw ran across the street on my drive to town for my morning walk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive