Thursday

Decorated by Nature


I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets. It has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day. It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful. Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
~Hamlin Garland

15 comments:

Stacey Dawn said...

Lovely Kerri.
I have to say - I don't think I've ever enjoyed the beauty of winter more than this year...

The frost is breathtaking.

Jill said...

This is spectacular!

Mariette said...

Dearest Kerri,

Wonderful photos you show on your blog! It just crossed my mind to give you the TIP: How YOU can place 5 LinkWithin - Related Posts with Thumbnails instead of the 3 you have now. Your blog is worthwhil for changing that! http http://bit.ly/nGfu9F
Wishing you a Happy New Year and love to you,

Mariette

Karen said...

Oh what a beatiful capture, it sparkles!

grammie g said...

Hi Kerri..Jewels on a branch~~~~
lovely!!
The quote is fabulous...one of the things I miss most in life now is the loss of smell...the smell of the forest greens was like heaven to me!!
Grace

TexWisGirl said...

lovely.

barbara l. hale said...

Lovely photo and quote.

Ellie said...

Lovely picture!!!!

Mimi said...

Kerri, the words in that quote are so beautifully put together.
And your photo..it looks like the sprigs have been frosted with sugar! Good enough to digest!

Cindy said...

Wow that's beautiful. Love how it sparkles and shines.

Sarah Lewis said...

Oh, WOW. This is absolutely breathtaking. You see the best in things, Kerri! Have a wonderful day!

Julie G. said...

What an appropriate post for this sparkly, glittery time of year. Simply beautiful! Beautiful quote, as well.

S. Etole said...

Yes ... lovely!

Hilary said...

What a beauty of a photo, Kerri.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

These are the best decorations. I love this picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive