Monday

Wispy Dandelion


What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

About the Image: Dandelion Pappus - 12-03-11 Izaak Walton Park - Christiansburg, VA
I didn't know what the little "wispy" part of the dandelion was called. I looked it up and Wikipedia tells me that it is called a Pappus (Pappi would be the plural).
"feathery bristles of the pappus function as a "parachute" which enables the seed to be carried by the wind" I LOVE learning new things!

17 comments:

Ellie said...

Lovely, so delicate looking.

Catherine said...

sigh...I miss the warm weather so much I would even take a yard full of dandelions to get it back. ;)

Lovely image Kerri!
xo Catherine

MoiCLouLou said...

I love this picture, it's magnificient!
Thanks for sharing!
Louise

Jill said...

Fantastic! Delicate yet strong at the same time.

em said...

Great macro!

TexWisGirl said...

lovely.

Bossy Betty said...

Love both the picture and quote.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Thank the lord for his awesome creations be they large or small and our ability to capture them.

Wonderful macro photography, you do it so well.

Karen said...

Gorgeous, soft and delicate. I like the little glimmers of colour on the wisps.

Gillian Olson said...

Great closeup photo and I love the quote too.

barbara l. hale said...

As a dandelion fan, I appreciate the photo and the quote. Wonderful!

barbara l. hale said...

As a dandelion fan, I appreciate the photo and the quote. Wonderful!

LauraX said...

so pretty and delicate...a beautiful photo!

Julie G. said...

A most lovely macro image! Airy and delicate.

amatterofhowyouseeit.com said...

Fantastic details in this macro - it's so fragile looking.

S. Etole said...

This is so remarkable in its intricacy.

Happyone:-) said...

That is so beautiful and delicate. What a great shot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive